Thursday, April 28, 2011

100: a tribute to Literature

This is my personal post no. 100. It is dedicated to writers that give us great pleasure through their stories and help us to "forget our loneliness" (C.S. Lewis). One of my favourites among the contemporary is Haruki Murakami. I just read "What I talk about when I talk about running" and have "1Q84" before me. The Wikipedia has this on him.
Yesterday the Cervantes, the most prestigious literary award in the Spanish speaking world was given to Ana María Matute. Here is the Wikipedia entry on her. As far as I can see, none of her works has been translated into English, though she taught at various universities in the US.
Here you can read what El País had to say (in English) about this year's St. Jordi's Day, April 23, the feast of roses and books in honor of the Catalan patron saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment